2015 Specialized Tarmac Frameset with Roval CLX Rapide 40 Wheels
Build your dream bike with a Specialized S-Works Tarmac Frameset. The Tarmac is one of the best-loved road bikes on the market (and a very popular choice with our customers) because the frame has been refined and engineered for maximum performance. It is stiff for taking on climbs and responsive on the descents.
Each frame size has been built from the ground up, independently. Different sized riders place different stresses, in different areas of a frame. So to ensure they all perform equally, each is developed to suit the rider. So, areas like the headtube and tube thicknesses will change based on the frame size. Specialized call this ‘Rider-First Engineered’.
The frame, fork, and seatpost are all FACT Carbon for a light, strong and stiff base. Carbon has natural road buzz dampening qualities, this is key to comfort when you’re really powering through a race. This is a high-modulus frame for one of the best strength to stiffness ratios for 2015. It is stiff where it needs to be, and compliant where it needs.
- S-Works FACT 11r carbon frame, Rider-First Engineered w/ tapered headtube and OSBB
- Full monocoque FACT carbon fork with a tapered carbon steerer is both light and stiff
- S-Works FACT carbon seatpost is super light and stiff for optimal power transfer
- S-Works FACT 11r carbon, FACT construction, tapered/shaped 1-1/8" to size-specific lower headtube, compact race design, internal cable routing
- S-Works FACT carbon, full monocoque, size-specific taper
- 1-1/8" upper, size-specific lower, hybrid cartridge lightweight bearings, 8mm carbon cone spacer, w/ 25mm of carbon spacers
- CeramicSpeed, ceramic bearings
- S-Works FACT carbon, 20mm offset, 27.2mm
- Specialized, integrated wedge
Roval CLX 40 Wheelset
The Rapide CLX 40 full-carbon clincher is the perfect all-around race wheelset.
The aerodynamic optimised rim shape slices through the wind while preserving the confident stable handling of a box section rim.
A wide internal and external rim provides an optimal tyre profile for incredibly precise handling and stiffness. At a weight of 1375g it’s still light enough to climb the tallest of mountains.
Recently reviewed by Road.cc:
"These Rapide CLX 40 wheels provide very good performance for the money, rivalling more established names in the carbon aero wheel market like Zipp and Enve [...] An excellent road race and time trial carbon clincher wheelset" - Read More
Rapide CLX 40- FASTER EVERYWHERE.
> Rim Type: clincher
> Rim Profile: aero
> Rim Material: carbon
> Rim Construction: moulded
> Braking Surface: carbon
> Brake Track Height: 9mm
> Rim Depth: 40mm
> Rim Width: 16.2mm internal; 23mm external
> Front Spoke Pattern: radial
> Rear Spoke Pattern: radial/2-cross (2:1)
> Spoke Count: 18 front 24 rear
> Spoke Type: DT Revolution butted straight pull
> Nipple Type: DT Spherical alloy
> Front Hub: Roval CeramicSpeed bearings carbon/alloy shell
> Rear Hub: Roval with CNC machined alloy body CeramicSpeed bearings DT Swiss 240 internals and ratchet system cassette
> QR: Roval Cr-Mo
> Assembly Method: hand built
> Total Wheelset Weight: 1375g
> Rider Weight Limit: 240lb (108kg)